jody_mckenzie26

Advice on kitchen extension plan please

JMK
Hi Houzz Chaps

We're at the finessing stage of planning our extension and we're trying to figure out the layout of the kitchen.

Do you think we have room for an island if we rotate it 90 degrees? I'm not sure how much space you need around it?
The island would be just work surface, no sink or cooker and I like the look of the ones that are 2 levels so you can't see the row of plugs from the "diner" side. Maybe an under counter fridge in it on kitchen side?
Is that enough worktop space or would a breakfast bar be better coming out of the hatched corner, creating an "S" shape kitchen?

I'll add that utility room needs to be large as it will also double as Other Half's fishing equipment storage area, so there will FF in there (maybe 2) for bait / food.
Bi Fold doors might be sliding or "crittall" (cheaper version!) but we'd like glass across the back.

Scale on drawn plans appears to be 1.9cm to 1m