adamsonsconstuctioninteriors

Dark dated kitchen transformation!

The client was looking to redesign and update their kitchen, utilising the generous space available to them. The current kitchen was dated and dark and the client wanted to transform the space into a unique, fresh and social area, capturing and enhancing the natural light from the windows and patio doors. They really believe that the kitchen is the heart of the home and wanted a place where they could cook, eat and entertain friends and family all year round.

We worked hard to create a beautiful but practical design for the client that they would love spending time in. The central L-shaped unit helps to break up the large room and offers further food preparation and storage space. Clever corner cupboard storage solutions and a mixture of deep and shallow drawers helps to maximise the usable space and offers practicality as well as style. Open shelves also allow the client to display family photos and decorations, adding a warm and personal touch to the room.

Three different colours were used for the classic yet modern Daval Bramham units meaning that this kitchen is truly unique to the client. The darker Charcoal colour complements and adds depth to the lighter Mist and Porcelain units whilst the Corian worktops in Glacier White and Antarctica add an element of contrast and help to bounce the light from the recessed spotlights around the room. This colour combination is extended into the utility room, creating cohesion between the two areas.

The kitchen is fully fitted with Neff appliances, including an integrated fridge freezer, enhancing the cooking experience and making the kitchen an enjoyable room to spend time in. The chrome Franke Minerva Irena hot tap sits above their Belfast sink and allows access to instant boiling water, perfect for cooking or making drinks to relax with friends and family. Added elements such as this really help to create an exceptional environment to cook and dine in.

The chrome handles and statement lights add a modern, stylish touch and along with the Porcelanosa Oxford Acero floor tiles, really bring the room together and complete the look. The end result is a fusion between classic and modern style and a wonderfully unique family kitchen.

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.