New kitchen idea - is it a bit odd?
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (17)
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
help needed for odd shape kitchen layout
Comments (7)If you're building from new, have you thought about a jack and Jill bathroom in the middle of the bedrooms? Would also extend bed 1 in line with 2 (or use that space for cupboards) and move the door for bed 2 (if needed depending on bigger bedroom or cupboards). Move the boiler room to the utility. For the kitchen have a single ŵall of units on the LHS extended where the boiler was and then a Long Island which will be perfect for entertaining. I'd also close off the main living area with doors through to the rest of the space. Just a thought anyway, good luck with your plans!...See MoreKitchen a bit too beige!
Comments (21)Thanks for all your suggestions. Just thought I would update you with some initial changes I have made. Firstly I have a new table cloth and have moved the fruit bowl and added a few new accessories (have a new oven glove and some tea towels arriving too), but the biggest change so far is that I have painted the grouting on the floor tiles which I think has lightened the whole thing immensely (great tip!) and stopped it feeling quite so drab (and stopped me hating the tiles as much). Next stage is going to be for us to change the lights and get the ceiling skimmed. We are going to have many more LED spot lights (with possibly a hanging light over the table - although bit concerned might keep banging my head on this when leaning over the table but maybe not such an issue with a round table?) and was considering adding some small lights on the plinths / kick boards to bring some light up from floor level. We are also going to change the cupboard and drawer handles, art work (bringing out the green) and paint the walls (thinking white maybe with a hint of green?). Also thinking we will remove the wall tiles and just have a glass splash back behind the sink and hob. Changing the blinds and table / chairs will be a bit further down the line. Hadn't really thought of a round table but thinking maybe a round glass one with oak feet (have seen some nice ones) and some white slatted blinds. Thanks for your help so far and would be interested to know what you think?...See MoreNew kitchen/diner idea
Comments (31)I absolutely know how you feel, I've been in the middle of doing up a dilapidated repossession house for the last year! In my previous flat I had a kitchen island. One of the things I loved about it was that someone could be peeling/chopping/preparing food on one side of the island whilst the other cooked - not get in the way of each other and still able to chat easily. You'll probably find exactly the same thing happens with a peninsula. Its also good for leaving out nibbles when you have guests round for dinner as I always find people loiter in the kitchen! I so wish I had a space for something like the bookshelves around a window. My bookcase is bursting at the seams but there's really nowhere for me to expand into until the rooms upstairs are finished. I'm glad you like the suggestions and I think it'll be an amazing space when it's done - please do post photos of the end results!...See MoreNew house kitchen / diner ideas
Comments (10)Hi Claire, When you’re looking at concept planners or interior designers I would begin by looking at a selection of people. It’s important that you find someone who you get on with (that are on the same page as you from the start), as the entire process goes on for quite some time and you go through a lot with this person. It’s also important to get a few quotes and make sure you get lists of what you get for your money - as almost every pro does things slightly differently. They should all start, as Jonathon mentions above, with an in depth at your requirements and needs for the space as well as the property itself. Having all this information means we can then tailor a layout specifically to you and how you’re going to use the space. I personally begin by offering 3-4 different layout options with pros and cons. This gives you lots of choice and helps you to think about the space and to analyse it more clearly. I hope this helps. All the best, Gina...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago











ashleyizz