Help! Through lounge decorating advice
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (7)
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
I need help with flooring and decor ideas for my through lounge
Comments (12)houssaon I sat with a piece of it on my floor this morning and I screamed to myself 'what am I doing , Ive got rid of an axminster for this ! ' so I went to the shop and have found a neutral brown carpet 80% wool which suits a large rug I have and should bring out the colours in my new suite , I am glad I took the rug with me because the small chair is a near match to the suite, and the rug/ chair look nice together . I was tired and stressed late last night having taken up my old carpet last night in 1 piece in case I ever thought about putting it back ! everything now happens Thursdaywhen the carpet is fit and the dining suite and lounge suite is installed Ill upload. youve asked about my style ? Im going for the stressed look ! no I want a classy look but also minimalistic due to it not being a big through lounge thanks for your comments to date ps anyone want an axminster !...See MoreHELP: How to decorate my lounge?
Comments (15)It does depend on your taste, but I would go for contrasting rather than matching art - something that really pops out of the wall. We have a similar colour scheme to you in our sitting foom and I have gone for abstract art (which I recently discovered a love of). Sorry its not a very good pic of it, but I love the picture, and the colours suit and contrast with the room. There are some really good online retailers - this one was from King and McGaw....See MoreAdvice needed re. decorating small lounge connected to dining room
Comments (12)hi Carolina, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me and love your ideas. I should have added more detail but you managed to visualize the layout quite closely. Actually, no door in dining area , only access thru sitting room. Love the area rug and have Macys one which will work perfectly - might pull a greyish -blue color from rug for walls maybe similar to the example you provided. Also have two mid-century style floor lamps which I can use. I really like the idea of a mural as the Wow - only concern is that radiator is on that wall. Do you think I could work around that somehow? Shelving will work perfectly - I was thinking something from Ikea or JLewis. Agree that blind is better and like curtains on patio door side. I am really hooked on the mural suggestion . Thanks and I will post a updated photo to show you the final result when we get everything done -hopefully by Dec. -especially now that I have something to show 'the main man'. I am really excited about getting this going!!!Regards eithne...See MoreLarge Through Lounge - One Dark & One Light
Comments (3)These are the only pictures I have. Front room (yellow sofa in picture) would be a more formal sitting room, whereas the back sitting room (grey sofas) would be a family room (TV, comfy sofa etc.)...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago

Sponsored




Danny TylerOriginal Author