Houzz Logo Print
jade_bambrough

Garden inspiration for small garden combined with driveway?

8 years ago

Hi,

Bought a house in January, and although I have some vision for the interior of my home, the outdoor space is driving me insane!!


It''s currently got a garage in a weird place taking up all of the garden, but we will be moving the garage to the side of the house to clear the garden space. I just don't know what to do with it though. I'm thinking a driveway where the gates are which will lead nicely to where the garage will be (and will be a god send for us), but I feel I need some privacy from the driveway to the garden with some shrubbery or plants (I don't want people from the street being able to see straight into our house when the gates are open) and I also want a seating area too in the garden, maybe in the far corner opposite our window???


Here is a rough plan of the space. It's a south-westerly facing garden and we are just off a main road so get a load of traffic noise so would be grand if anyone has any suggestions for more rustly plants to distract from traffic noise! I am not green fingered at all and I have no experience really to speak of with gardening so I would prefer things that don't require a lot of care and attention or a lot of thought i.e. having to dig out and replant.


Thanks for any tips!!



Comments (18)