karen_owen77

kitchen refurb and design options

K Owen
5 years ago
Hi.
I’m going round in circles trying to decide what’s the best thing to do.
Current kitchen is small and cut off. I would like a larger kitchen/diner.
The thought was to move the kitchen to the lounge. Which is 18x19ft and have units, island and dining table.
But dont know what to do with study? 10*7ft. We could turn it into a large pantry/storeroom. Or knock the wall down between study and lounge to create a bigger space. It’s a load bearing wall though. What would you do?
The current kitchen would become a study.

The long term plan is to then build to the left of the lounge and add a small family/living area. I’m not sure if we will need all that space though and then what we do with the new study.

The other option is we do nothing for a few years until we’ve saved money for an extension and then extend current kitchen out (fill in the L shape) and knock both external walls linking current kitchen and lounge together. This would give us a living/diner/kitchen. But this would probably be £££s of which we don’t have.

Can anyone recommend anything? I’m afraid of making the wrong decision and messing it up.

Here’s current floor plan. It’s not a birds eye view so the room dimensions looks smaller than quoted above.
Thanks

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.