boatenga

Not so kitsch kitchen

boatenga
5 years ago
I’ve just bought a new place with an outdated kitchen. I’m pretty good at complex painting and decorating projects so thought I would liven up my kitchen temporarily by painting the cupboards and fitting new hardware, lighting and possibly installing a new sink.

However, between the beige wall tiles with pink undertones, the beige floor tiles that are close to yellow and the oddly cool brown countertop I have no idea what colours could work.

I’m not attracted to painting the tiles as that is always a nightmare in kitchens and I’m renovating a lot in the house at the moment.

Does anyone have any ideas for what colours could work? I was originally just going to go for white upper and lower cabinet but I’m not so sure there’s a white in the world that could flatter all three shades.

Or any other ideas for updating this kitchen for now on a low budget (say, under £150)?

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.