Hi I have successfully sanded and stained a pine original parquet with morells light fast stain dark wenge. It worked fantastically. I now have an oak parquet and the Jacobean isnt contemporary enough and fear the dark wenge will be too dark as the oak will take the colour better than the pine. I rarely post on here but this is proving to be a dilemma. Noone will mix the colours which I feel is the solution due to it not being commerically worthwhile. I must admit whilst posting feel perhaps this is my answer so will order some samples of Jacobean and dark wenge with some measuring jugs to ensure right parts. If anyone has a better option please let me know.Also engineered wood recommendations again dark/ebony? Have considered timber untreated and stain too but this doesn't always work well
Woodflooring Engineered Ltd
lirving804Original Author
Related Discussions
Is staining older pine floorboards a dark stain, a no no?
Q
How to finish a natural oak parquet floor
Q
Can I restore this parquet flooring?
Q
Stain reclaimed parquet black or just get different flooring?
Q