barnes_andy

Worktop Options

Andy
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi,

We're currently trying to make about a million and one decisions for our kitchen extension and are a bit stuck on worktops. We are going for units in the below colour and with white walls, an aged copper splashback and a rustic engineered wood floor.

We love the look of Carrara marble and whilst I don't mind the fact that it becomes 'characterful' due to etching and any marks I think as a whole it might be a bit too stressful, certainly when other people, not naming names (cough* mother in law cough*), probably won't treat it with the care and respect it needs. With that in mind we've been looking at quartz alternatives and have been considering the following options;

Caeserstone - Frosty Carrina/London Grey

Silestone - Lagoon/Snowy Ibiza/Ariel

Samples just haven't been enough to make a decision and internet images seem to vary wildly. Does anyone have any views on which product is most likely to replicate (honed) carrara marble or indeed are you aware of other products? We've found some other quartz worktops that look great but most we've found only seem to be in a polished finish.

Any pictures and advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.