webuser_394808633

side return - north or west facing?!

Kerry Russell
4 years ago

Hello
We have seen two houses which we are interested in- It would be good to hear others thoughts. They are both Victorian semi detached.

Option 1
Smaller house, slightly smaller garden and west, north facing. Has sun in garden from 10-6pm.

Option 2
Larger house probably allow an extra room down upstairs. Plus if we were to convert the loft (in years to come) a bigger living space. So more attractive with a young growing family!It has a North facing garden - which is pretty steep rising up hill from the back of the house.

Both houses we would plan to do the side return extension. My concern with the north facing house is that our main living space could be very dull and cold. I think the sun would only be at the far end of the garden.

Would you lose house space for a sunny garden/sun in the back of your house?

Is there any advantage to a north facing kitchen?!

Thanks for any thoughts/experience you share.

P.S I am a sun lover!!!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.