Houzz Logo Print
amanda_gintoft

Chimney Stack in Primary Bedroom

5 years ago

We just moved into a new home and I'm struggling with the primary bedroom. It's a sweet room with angled ceilings etc but it's not very big. My biggest challenge is there's no great spot to put the bed. We have a queen sized bed and the best/only wall to put the bed due to wall lengths/closet/bathroom doors is against a wall where the chimney stack is. So it visually looks weird.


Pictures are attached. A few ideas I've had/seen are to put fabric hanging from the ceiling the whole length of the headboard, getting round nightstands to make it less weird that they're not flush against the wall due to the chimney). Also plan to remove the ceiling fan for something brighter/make the room feel bigger.


I'm swapping out for more neutral bedding as we rearragned things. Pictures show the house in "Settling in phase" :) so ignore the random items strewn about!


Open to any other ideas to make the room feel open and make the chimney look less weird!







Comments (13)