webuser_175565176

First project working with an architect

Jay Smith
3 years ago

Hi,

We've got an eye on our next project. We’ve renovated and remodeled a few properties before in the past. Normally project managing and sub-contracting work out ourselves. This time we’d like to do things a bit differently, we’d like to get an architect involved and use a main building contractor instead. Mainly to improve the quality of the build. Having seen a few builds on the usual programs, the quality of space and finish appear to be no comparison to what we’ve achieved previously.

So, my questions are, to those of you that have used an architect before, or to any architects out there

How involved do architects get with the build? After plans have been drafted, do they stick around afterwards, liaise with the builders, help to manage the quality of the build etc.

Do the architects recommend a preferred builder to work with, who they’ve worked with in the past and are confident can deliver their level of quality?

As well as drafting schematics - do they get involved with the interior design of a build? Flooring finishes, kitchen design, bathroom design, fixtures, joinery etc?

Your answers are much appreciated!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.