chandresh

Recommendations for future-proof heating system for house refurb

chandresh
2 years ago

I am having a house rennovation done at the moment which includes a loft conversion and rear extension. The property is in London and it's a 5 bedroom house and will have 4-5 bathrooms. We are going to have wet underfloor heating throughout the ground floor which will also have an extension. As part of the refurb i'd like to replace the existing central heating systen/boiler (standard gas with a cylinder). I've heard that gas boilers are likely to be phased out in the future. I've also been told that a combi boiler would be ok for 1-2 people having showers at the same time but not for 3-4 (seems pointless having 5 bathrooms if they cant be used them together at peak times!). Heat pumps seem to be in the news however we can't justify the costs involved. I understand that a system boiler and pressurised cylinder would work however I guess that would still be gas based and also requires a large space for the cylinder. Any advice much appreciated.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.