flying_mama

Do we actually need an extension? Please help!

Flying Mama
2 years ago

Hi,

Please help me!

We recently moved into a 60s property and I can't work out if we need an extension to create our forever home, or if we can get away with internal reconfiguration.

Ideally we'd like to have:

* a utility room (we're outdoorsy and our winters are muddy!)

* a study (doesn't have to be as big as the existing one)

* a snug for cosy family movie nights

* a family-friendly kitchen-diner space with some soft seating if we can squeeze it in, that opens on to the back garden as access to this is currently limited (and it's a great garden!) and that has an island or breakfast bar for family baking and chats

The conservatory was built in the 60s and is no longer fit for purpose so will be removed shortly.

I'd welcome any reconfiguration ideas as I just feel like I'm struggling here and I'd desperate to create a lovely family home for my children.

I've attached floorplans and measurements for upstairs and downstairs as long-term we hope to put an ensuite in for us upstairs.

FYI the RHS of the house (as facing towards it) is 30cm higher than the LHS, and the bathroom is another half-flight of stairs up from the landing - it's quirky!

Thank you!

First Floor -

Family Bathroom - 2.18m x 1.81m
Bedroom One - 5.26m x 3.58m
Bedroom Two - 5.28m x 2.44m
Bedroom Three - 4.37m x 2.82m
Bedroom Four - 3.58m x 2.84m

Ground Floor -

Entrance Porch -1.68m x 1.5m
Ground Floor Cloakroom - 1.25m x 1.5m

Dining Room - 5.23m x 4.37m
Lounge - 5.26m x 3.58m mx
Study - 3.58m x 2.84m
Kitchen - 4.37m x 2.84m
Conservatory - 4.93m x 2.36m

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.