Living room accessories/decor help
2 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (7)
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
Related Discussions
need help decorating my north facing living room
Comments (14)Thank you yes, it is the room! I bought a tester pot of the F&B Strong White, but when tested it looked cream. I also bought the F&B Anthrocite which was a bit darker. Will try the Bone White also. Love the cushions in the pic - navy with the piping. Would also maybe like to go a bit darker on the back wall as in the pic but wondered if this might be too cold in a north facing room. I know that when the colours dry they appear darker and also in a larger space than just a test area, so may well try something along the lines of the Anthrocite....See MoreNeed help with decorating living room
Comments (1)Depending on how much work you wanted to do and how much you've got in your budget there are lots of options available to you. It looks like you've got a great ceiling height so you've got lots of wall space to play about with. I'd pick a feature wallpaper with some gold in it and probably a pale, cream coloured background. This will work with your flooring and with the sofas you brought from your previous property and it'll keep the room bright. Because you've got so much wall space you could also create a gorgeous gallery wall. It doesn't have to be expensive if you use postcards, personal photos and posters etc. If you go for all black and white pictures you can play around with different styles and colours of frames but if you have some colourful, mixed images I'd keep to black or white frames and have some consistency that way. These are just guidelines for quite a curated look but if your tastes are a little more eclectic then go wild! If you've got room in your budget you could also add more interest and textures through a large floor rug, cushions, and curtains. Choose shades that complement or clash with your chosen wallpaper. I hope this helps!...See Moreneed help with accessories for living room
Comments (1)Lovely room. I think a nice big square coffee table would look great so you won’t need a rug. Or a lovely square padded footstool which can act as both a coffee table and somewhere to rest tired legs!...See Moreneed help with decorating our living / dining room
Comments (24)Hello. I was studying your space, and I came up with some ideas. If you are open to them, here they are: 1.Get a brushed cotton sofa with legs at least 8cm; it gives some airiness to a room, making it look more spacious. 2.When choosing a table, allow the minimum distance between the edge of your table and a wall to be 90cm. This is for people to get in and out of their chairs comfortably. In addition, purchase armless dining chairs, which will give you a clean look for your dining space. 3.You asked what to do with a wall with a small window; I suggest having sheers and curtains across the whole wall. It will soften the place and will make a room feel larger. 4.You have little spotlights on the walls, which are excellent for creating a different mood in the evening. They can be nicely framed using decorative moulding. It will elevate your space. 5.If you like a moulding wall design, you can have picture frame moulding. You can even use wallpaper inside those frames. It is a relatively inexpensive way to luxe up your space. 6.Your ceiling has an orange undertone; to tone down that orange, go for cooler undertones in your curtains and upholstery. Here I mean whatever colour you choose, grey for your sofa and a lighter colour for your curtains, look for cool undertones when choosing them. Cool undertones are blues, purples, and greens. When selecting a grey sofa, try to identify the undertone. Does this grey colour have blue, green or purple? 7. I also made a quick visualisation of your space. Please note that this only suggests the layout and the room's look. The furniture is only for guidance, and no advice is provided for the colour palette. The measurements of the room are used for illustration only. I hope it was helpful and now you can envisage your space much better....See More- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago








Daisy Rae