dorota_wojcik88

Too much blue. what other color is right here?

Hi I was trying to create a monochromatic look in my bedroom but I feel I’ve gone wrong with too much blue. Please help and advise how I can change this. The accent wall is midnight blue and the rest of the color is light gray/blue.

• last month

It’s a small suggestion but I think it might be big impact……… stay with a lighter blue on the pillows on the bed. The current dark ones don’t provide a highlight. Maybe explore textures in the pillows.

You have a great space above the bed for some art, and possibly a larger piece with a brushed chrome and black frame to tie in with your light fittings. It too could bring in light tones which would look great against the dark wall color.

Will this wallpaper be too much?

Here in Oregon, we refer to a den as more of a manly, comfy room. Part office, part tv room. The family room is like a living room but with a tv. A living room is generally more formal and used for casual conversation. For a house that doesn't have a family and living room both, the words are interchangeable though, which can get confusing for people used to more formal living. We are fairly informal around here. I would assume drywall is like plasterboard. When houses are built, the framing goes in, filled with insulation on exterior walls, then all of the studs get covered with big sheets of drywall that then gets all the seems "taped" and smoothed and then texture is sprayed over it all, then paint. Drywall isn't used in all rooms, there is a special kind called green board used in bathrooms, which is mold resistant. Cement board is also used on any walls or floors where tile is being applied, like bathrooms or kitchens, which is also mold resistant. I am loving this subject! It's so fun to see what people all over the world call different things.

Too much gold?? colour options for a sofa?

This will be my backsplash

new floor, new wall.......would painting the long wall blue be too muc

Wow that looks amazing and such an improvement. I bet you’re really pleased with it. We’ve all been following your progress and it sure looks good. The floor looks great too. Now I would say yes, paint that long wall in De Nimes too, it goes so well with your leather sofa. You can then add art, shelving or both. Well done.

Too much copper?

For me, I wouldn’t have a copper curtain pole. Go for something a bit more neutral that blends in with your curtains - white or grey maybe? Just my opinion 😊
  • last month

Yes you’re both right. I kind of left the art to the last and then I couldn’t find anything I liked so I forgot about it. Instead I was struggling with the cushions and bedding 😊

• last month

If you like the blue paint on the wall (I do) then change your quilt/comforter for a light grey or creamy shade. I would also replace or change the covers on the dark blue cushions. A large green plant in the corner near the window would also break it up a bit. I like the blues and greys it's just a bit too much.

The blue looks great, perhaps change the bed linen to a cream or white and add some colour/blues in cushions. Something like this:

• last month

That’s lovely 😊, lighter textured cushions and more white 👍🏻

• last month

I was thinking that mustard coloured velvet cushions would look terrific and tie in the brass wall lights.

• last month

The blue throw is absolutely gorgeous. The room is lovely but the dark navy cushions are a bit dull. Adding a different colour will lift it all without taking away from the moody blue vibe or perhaps adding a bit of pattern with cushions but still navy?

• last month

Thank you, yes I’ll start with the cushions as it’s the most inexpensive way to change the look 😬👍🏻

• last month

I found couple of cushions I had in my living room. What do you think about them? I’m always looking for more storage that’s why the end bed storage box. I do think it’s a wrong one though. Any suggestions what I could use instead? Or should I remove it altogether? Many thanks! 🙏

• last month

The lighter cushions do make a difference and they are actually bring in a nice variation with the sage color. In terms of the storage box, not sure it works. A longer narrow ottoman in a dark blue, like the headboard, might work better. The cream of the furry piece is not doing well, you may need to stay with a proper white like your sheets, to bring in a solid light element.

• last month

For me the ottoman is too small. Is it still available? Could you get a second one? And I’m also not sure that the sheepskin is right, if the top of the ottoman needs disguising I would use a folded throw and I would try to find one that is similar to the one on the bed.

• last month

I agree it doesn’t work. I guess I was trying to create some warmth with brass lamps and wooden shelves. But I’m not sure if the blue is right for that. Not enough gray in the paint color? I’m not sure.
    These are the color combinations and mine is the top one throughout the flat. My living room doesn’t get much light at all.

• last month

Perhaps I should go for the second combination. Pumice brown has a bit of pink therefore warmth

• last month
    last modified: last month

Would covering the headboard and ottoman in a pattern be too much eg

They do many colourways https://tm-interiors.co.uk/linwood-helter-skelter-fabric-adriatic-lf2399c-009

• last month

Love the peacock feather cushions. Gives the room a lift. The sheepskin doesn’t look right as it has a Scandi feel whilst the room has a more luxe look. Love the brass elements. If the budget allows then an ottoman/footstool in a lovely navy velvet will look perfect. Don’t add more grey. Are you now saying you want to paint the walls? I wouldn’t, the navy is lovely.

• last month

Thank you Sonia, I was just wondering if brass is suitable for this kind of blue. It’s got green undertones. But yes that storage box and sheepskin has to go.
    My living room is next 🫣. I’ve mixed the metals I need to do something with the tv ( up on the wall in the corner?). The room is narrow, kitchen one one side and the garden door on the other side. Two windows on both sides of the fireplace. I do use the fireplace and the wall above gets quite warm so I cannot place the tv there. I would love an accent chair, green perhaps? Sage? Just bought a floor lamp but it’s too big and my partner keeps switching it off when we watch tv 😞. Who said that decorating is fun ?😧

• last month

I keep swapping things round 🙄

• last month

If tv goes up in the corner is placing a n accent chair a good idea? What color? I like green but what color green? 🥹

• last month

Lovely room. For an accent chair I would suggest a mustard yellow or tan leather which will add some colour to the room. If you want green, then a mossy or deep green would look good. Or how about teal? As the room is a dark neutral I think any colour would go. I particularly like the coral pink in the first picture.

• last month

I’ve got these cushions so perhaps the first or the green moss one would work

• last month

Yes definitely. If you love orange then a burnt orange chair would look so nice.

• last month

Yes I like the Next one 👍🏻

• last month

For colours in general (I may be late to the party here!) with blues and greys I’d personally go with copper or antique bronze rather than brass as I think they add a warmth that the yellow of brass doesn’t always bring. You can then bring in teals, pale pinks and burnt oranges with your blues and greys. Walnut colour wood also works really well with those, adding texture and warmth.

• last month

Sonia, where is the orange chair from, pic beneath the Next chair.

• last month

Sile I’m sorry I don’t know. It was posted on Pinterest and the poster didn’t say.

• last month

cjbrindle

Thank you for your advice. Looking at the pictures I’ve posted of my living room and bathroom. Big silver mirror for example, do I paint it I’ve? , I’ve got brass lamps, marble looking table and oak side tables. How do I incorporate now copper, walnut and pink?

• last month

The living room looks lovely. i’m not sure a chair will fit though? Why not try a small round footstool to the left of the fire under the window? Linen would be lovely as pictured to mix up the textures. A patterned linen could work well too

i’d add art over the sofa incorporating your colours

Personal opinion, i think a round mirror would work better to break up all the lines with the windows etc and the frame wouldn’t line up with the windows

• last month

The bedroom is also beautiful. i love both of the curtains. Agree with art and exposing a little more of the white bed linen. Why not try finding cushions that incorporate your colours (including the floor). Then just a different textured oblong cushion in front?

• last month

Thank you minnie101

Love the color of the footstool! I was thinking of putting tv up on the wall in the corner and then to put a chair where the tv is now. I’ve got a round mirror in the hall but it hasn’t got a frame. Do you think black or antique gold frame would be better? I can see what you mean about tying up the colors with those in the painting and cushion. If I could swap the mirrors? Or find another wall for the big mirror, which is another problem 🙁. In the unfinished spare bedroom? Which looks like a cupboard 🙄

• last month

I’m thinking the footstool would be better either way. Even if the tv was mounted I think it’s starting to get a little crowded and you will lose the space to move.

• last month

I see what you mean 👍🏻

Hey! I definitely think adding some accent colours will really help give it the depth you are looking for!

• last month

There are some really excellent ideas, and sound advice above. I agree that a pattern incorporating the navy, a lighter blue and an accent colour would work for the bedroom cushions, but if you were wanting to keep the 'mood', what about a pair of 'jewel' toned cushions - a deep ruby, perhaps ? Something like this (below): just the chusons, not the throw ! And yes - artwork over the bed. If you can find colours that include your walls/ bedding/ accessories, then that will bring the whole thing together.

• 27 days ago

All lovely colors and ideas, thank you. I however must remember to keep to my original plan which was a tonal, neutral look and not using bright complementary colors but something more subtle.

• 27 days ago

What do you think about the silver mirror? Should I paint it over to antique brass or black?

• 27 days ago

Dorota, so which room are you wanting to neutralise? Do you mean you want to paint over the navy and go for a more neutral look? Not sure which mirror you mean or where you want to put it.

• 27 days ago

Hi Sonia, I meant that all throughout the flat the color is blue. I don’t want to change the color but I wanted to keep it tonal rather than using complementary colors like orange or red. Monochromatic look it’s what I was going for I think but not boring if you know what I mean.
    The mirror I’m talking about is the one above the fireplace. It’s got silver frame which I feel it’s wrong. Something like this here on those attached pictures?