What to do with this fireplace?
12 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (68)
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
Related Discussions
What to do with the fireplace?
Comments (24)I won’t be putting the same light fittings up, as the ceilings are low and they were too big for my tall family. I’m still looking for something that is modern (maybe mid century style) and flush or semi flush. I haven’t found anything I love yet and don’t want to rush out and but something I don’t like. I’ve made that mistake before...See MoreWhat to do with my fireplace
Comments (17)It’s a lovely room so I don’t think it needs much faffing about with. I wonder also about painting the chimney breast, and arches if you wish, in a green. F&B Pigeon or Mizzle are lovely, but I think Dulux Overtly Olive may sit better with your throw and cushions. Here’s a pic of firstly Pigeon and then Overtly Olive....See MoreWhat shall I do with this fireplace?
Comments (7)What era is it? My friend inherited a similar fire surround in her 1980s fake Tudor house. She has managed to remove some of the airy fairy mouldings and then painted it in F&B Bone. Luckily her hearth is a nice piece of marble. You could remove your funny hearth tiles and add a nice piece of marble or other stone maybe. I like the insert which has a Victorian vibe. If you really hate the surround then get a replacement. There are loads for sale online and even places like B&Q now sell pine surrounds which you can paint as you wish. Or paint it as already suggested which will probably be the cheapest option....See MoreWhat to do with this fireplace?
Comments (4)It’s quite attractive but the alcoves above are odd. I would fill these in and put a large mirror over the mantle which will transform the space. Try just putting a large mirror above before filling to see. If the room is narrow, you could look to redo the hearth but otherwise, I would paint the area around the fireplace (currently painted green)!black to make the whole thing recede....See More- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 10 years ago











Lauren AwcockOriginal Author