How can I make my boring flat pack furniture look stylish.?
12 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (14)
- 12 years ago
Related Discussions
How can I improve a hideous 70s flat roof garage!!!!
Comments (4)Beautiful house and the garage is not that bad! Don't paint the bricks though! You would have to maintain them and paint them regularly! No need to sandblast! Just try to jet wash them... I bet they come out lovely! Then I would just paint the garage door and side gate with dark grey/ coal. Put oversized plant pots on each side, or even cheap lavender would look nice! To hide the squareness of the garage roof ( although I don't find it offensive!) grow some climbers on roof line or have a mock roof built! ( short roof which from the front, looks like there is a proper roof!) sorry if I am not clear about the mock roof!! ;-) good luck!...See MoreMy flat is open plan & massive!! How can i decorate to look homely?!
Comments (3)Have a look here, good photo of the unit in ise [https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/i-need-room-divider-and-storage-ideas-for-my-studio-flat-dsvw-vd~1147852[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/i-need-room-divider-and-storage-ideas-for-my-studio-flat-dsvw-vd~1147852)...See MoreHow to make this 1950s house more stylish?
Comments (7)I agree - your stone wall is gorgeous! Yes if you do the porch it will change the way you see the rest of the house, Also rather than change windows, which is an expense you wish to avoid, I would suggest planting a honeysuckle that can be trained (not a huge trellis) over and around the most protruding window in the centre, perhaps flanked on either side by rambling roses to frame each of the left and right windows. This will add depth and remove the flatness, whilst adding beautiful colour, greenery and perfume - and wildlife! I would pay up for more mature, larger plants for greater coverage and then water them religiously with Miracle Gro. Will look and feel fantastic. If you are in the Surrey area then feel free to contact us should you require any assistance putting it all together, or getting a quote....See MoreHow to add more appeal to my boring white cube of a house?
Comments (10)Windows that open have thicker frames due to the mechanism. The non openers can be built up to look the same even if they are fixed. Either that or all windows would need to open and then they will naturally have the same thickness of frame. Windows can be a big expense and if the current ones are not old it may be better to make your other changes which will improve the overall look and then replace them later if you still feel the need. I don’t think they’re that bad tbh but if/when you do replace them you could look to next door or if you prefer small openers then the photo you posted of how the house used to look is a good start. It’s not a bad thing to try to keep balance with next door as you’re attached but it doesn’t have to be absolutely identical. Good news about the brick detail under the windows btw. If you can restore that it would be great and go a long way to matching with your ’other half’ again. Your local garden centre or nursery would be able to advise you on climbers etc and which ones are suitable in terms of foundations if you’re worried. I think your house is lovely and bright. A few tweaks and softening with plants will go a long way. Good luck with it all....See More- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago






ASVInteriors