Hallway Help Please!!!
12 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (22)
Related Discussions
Hallway Help Please!!!
Comments (10)Goodie on the lamps! Don't get me wrong, I love a mirrored table, I just don't think it is doing all it can in that spot. They are great in a bedroom and also in a dark corner in a living room. I'm sure you can find the perfect place to show it off. I don't usually like radiator covers either, but sometimes, and in the right material, they can work well. Go with a shelf mounted above it if you are unsure, but because your front door (more on that later) has those wonderful vertical lines in it, you could have a radiator cover with the same long slats. I think your door is great - it has strong but simple features, that I thought fit with your clean line aesthetic, while letting in light. I may be against the grain here, but unless your house is incredibly drafty and it is a 16th Century cottage or a French chateau, I wouldn't dream of having a curtain across a door. Call me crazy, but our last house was a wonky Victorian with a beautiful, enormous front door with stained glass in it and around it and the wind used to come in so strong around the edges that I felt like I was in the Arctic Circle, but there wasn't a chance I was going to cover up such a beautiful piece of architecture. Yeah, that is a bit crazy.... You could paint it in a cream to match the rest of the house, but make the other changes to the entrance hall first, live with it for a while (next year, as you say) and then see if you still want to paint it. I'll go and look for something for the floor now while other people tell you I'm wrong on the door curtain idea!...See Morehallway help please!
Comments (3)I am not sure if its Crown or Dulux, but one of them does a light reflecting paint for dark spaces. One thing I have done in my very dark lower hall (split level house) is to put large decorative mirrors around the walls - they make a focal point and reflect light around, giving an illusion of a little more light. Charity shops usually have one or two mirrors around, so would not cost a lot. Ikea do some really wonderful and funky designs for mirrors that just stick on like tiles. Very effective. I have also painted all the woodwork in my hall in white gloss. A bit time consuming, but it really has helped. Good luck in your new home....See MoreHall help please
Comments (11)To me this hallway is screaming out for some dado rail height panelling, I would run this all through and up the stairs and, as the stained glass seems to be consistent throughout, pick a colour from this, i.e. a light green to paint the panelling. Then a nice light but bold print wallpaper above the panelling would look really nice. The staircase is a nice example but needs a bit of cosmetic work to tidy it up and a new lampshade and this hallway could look great!...See MoreHallway help please
Comments (6)A sea blue would go great with the carpet. Stone Blue https://www.farrow-ball.com/paint-colours/stone-blue Oval Room Blue https://www.farrow-ball.com/paint-colours/oval-room-blue Light Blue https://www.farrow-ball.com/paint-colours/light-blue I'd keep the woodwork white....See More- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago







Patricia Pelgrims