missmjbs

Hallway Help Please!!!

missmjbs
9 years ago
oops the photos to go with my earlier post................After moving in I stripped the hall way and so am starting from scratch. I am really struggling to lose the bland feeling in my entrance and would really appreciate advice. I have cream/cappuccino ceramic tiles but am lacking the welcoming, warmer feel to to an entrance which I have always had in my old house. I love my giraffe lampshade and table - must keep those! And in the evening with the lamp on, there is a nice glow to the area. The main light is also new and to keep. I had thought of a console under the mirror to the left, but can't find one tall enough to accommodate the radiator - and now I have had the floor put down moving the radiator is not an option . My style is clutter free (but not minimalist) , contemporary (rather than traditional) and warm too (if that makes sense!) and I do like the odd quirky item. On the walls there are 2 mirrors and one is behind the stairs down a passage way - this leads to the cloakroom. I need a mirror on that wall as the passage is so narrow. I do not want curtains across my doorway - do you think a green plant would brighten this area - or a runner of some sort. Any advice very much appreciated!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.