Hi David. They are reel brick, but behind are the blocks for structural, so we ran the cables before doing the bricks. If you don't have reel bricks to use they are very expensive £2/brick so I would recommend using www.eurobrick.co.uk or similar Thanks Emilie
Thanks Emilie. We are taking the plaster off our kitchen wall trying to get the same look with the original bricks but with it being the wall adjoining next door I'm not sure we'll be able to do the same thing!
I see. that would be more difficult as the pointing won't be the same either... Bricks under plaster are often damaged and by doing this you impact quite a bit the insulation... I you have the budget I would really go for fake bricks.
Good point. We are replastering anyway and we'll make the decision once the plaster, which is plasterboard so hopefully not as stuck to the brick as it could be, is off. Hoping to reveal some nice clean bricks! Thanks for the advice. David
EMR Architecture
David EassonOriginal Author
Related Discussions
How can install a wall bed on plasterboard wall?
Q
Hague blue feature wall in lounge - looking for advice on other walls
Q
which wall to make the feature paper wall?
Q
What colour kitchen wall tiles will go with Dulux Magnolia walls?
Q
EMR Architecture
David EassonOriginal Author