i need help with my living room
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (13)
Related Discussions
Need help with my drab living room
Comments (9)Hi. Which walls are papered? It's hard to see in the light. Can you post a pic in the daylight? I agree with what looks like olive green to me assuming the room can take it. Try a feature wall of paint or paper if you want to add pattern. Are the voiles plum or black? The iPad isn't always great for colour! In any case i would add cushions in the same colour along with a couple of green ones. I'd also rehang the pic so it's in line with the top of the cabinet. If budget permits, I'd get some bigger pieces of art and a statement floor lamp next to the sofa by the door. I love copper, which looks good with olive, but I'm not convinced on that paint colour. It looks salmon pink to me (unless it is the iPad again!)...See MorePlease help me ,i am lost,Need help with my living room
Comments (9)I agree with Red80 re furniture layout. There are lots of good things in this room, I just personally find the cushions and blinds clash with the chandelier and wallpaper. I would swap the 2 geometric cushions for softer patterns in lighter grey/white/duck egg. I'd get something with different textures as the cushions fabrics look the same atm? Add accessories to your coffee table, maybe just a pile of books, a vase of flowers, and an "ornament" in wood/ceramic/pewter etc again for texture. When budget allows swap the blinds for Roman blinds. Try blinds 2 go or Tuiss which is their sister company if you're in the UK. I can't remember the exact price but I got pure silk Roman blinds for 2 really large windows for c£450 which sounds a bargain to me although not yet up:) I agree the mirror is a little high. If you can, without leaving a hole on show in the wallpaper, I'd lower it as long as it doesn't reflect the tv! I'm not sure the pics to the left of the window work as they're obscured by the curtains. Perhaps also a taller vase/pot in the blue for the tv cabinet to detract from the tv a little more? Alternatively you could change the wallpaper and the mirror to give the room a contemporary rather than classical feel...See Moreplease help i am doing up my living room
Comments (6)Hi, it would really help if you posted a drawing of your room with the dimensions and location of stairs, doors and window on it. Doesn't have to be very precise, but it needs to be clear for us to read. I love your coffee table. Looks like you have a big sofa and chair? If you're going to buy new furniture, go for something that is on feet (so the floor is visible under it) and with straight(ish) arms. Makes the room looks more spacious. Would the piano fit under the stairs?...See MoreI need help improving my living room and dining room
Comments (15)I think you could put the tv in the opposite corner on the other side of the window, then put the two chairs (if they'll fit) side by side on that wall (with the door) with the table in between. If these are a bit too snug, you could always angle them into the centre of the room. Then the sofa could go opposite the window at right angles to the door, but a little over towards the fireplace wall. This will give you clearly defined "square" sitting room area, which you can further delineate with a rug in your chosen accent colour and then add coordinating or matching cushions and throws. I would then move what I think is a glass cabinet (in the corner of the dining part of the room) to the left hand side of the radiator cabinet. I would then try to move the dining table more towards the kitchen and the now empty corner. For the dining table I would look at getting something like a table runner or a big bowl/vase/ornament with reflects your chosen accent colour which will visually join up the two areas. I would also be tempted to replace one of the pictures with a large mirror. And also perhaps think about getting different wall art....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago



minnie101