Have I made the wrong decision?
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (57)
Related Discussions
Please help with rug and furniture decisions....
Comments (71)Hi Pannacotta, I think the etsy one may be unique rug store, they overdye vintage rugs. I really like the rug from westelm, will it be too modern though if you didn't like the JL striped one? What do you think of their Cadiz one? I can't decide if I like it! Try both of these links from ebay, you may like a couple, they're over budget if you go for the new size but under if you go for 2x3 http://stores.ebay.co.uk/rugmartoutlet/_i.html?_nkw=Faded+vintage+retro&rt=nc&_pgn=1&_ipg=48 http://stores.ebay.co.uk/rugmartoutlet/Modern-Patchwork-Rugs-/_i.html?_fsub=7903057012...See MoreWhat were your best and worst decisions when building or renovating?
Comments (2)Tee hee about the loo seats ! Best decisions - going to view the derelict property that was found way back in an old box at the estate agents and then putting in a ridiculously low offer thinking it was a start point to negotiate upward - but they actually accepted it !! Yay !! Worst decision moving in with a toddler while renovating ! No way I'd ever do that again!!! On the design front - as I'm in the biz I guess that helped with the flow of the place - so recommend if you do bring a designer (or concept planner like us) onboard, ask them for input throughout ! It can make for a much more cohesive home !...See MoreLighting decision....help
Comments (15)Hi Sam, I have been through the exact same trauma as we are doing a big project with a stupidly small budget. I'm no expert, but by trial and error, this is what I have found... 2700k warm white bulbs give the closest light to halogen - but a much cleaner light. Totally agree that one company's 2700k is not the same as another!... which is a headache! Also some with the wrong CRI value can make you look like zombie when under them and make your vegetables look insipid when you are cooking... We settled on Philips 2700k bulbs in our downlights and are very happy with them (not too yellow but comfortably warm). We bought standard downlight cans and fitted the bulbs in... We have also used Scolmore Click Inceptor Micro downlights (2700k) in some places as we had shallow void ceilings there. They have integrated bulbs and are really good value but a lot warmer- a lot more of a yellowy light. I have used 3000k fittings for our accent lights (shower niches etc) which balance out the light temperature when they are all on together (hope that makes sense?) Also have Arrow Electrical 3000k integrated fittings in the corners of our hall which make the hall feel too cold but when the central pendant (halogen bulbs) is on then looks great in balance. If you have the budget there are some great fittings out there to choose from - you do get what you pay for on this one, but this is the best I found in our circumstances. Hope it helps you rule a few out/in. Good luck!...See MoreDecision for floor tiles
Comments (6)hi agree, wallpaper looks great I'd opt for medium format tiles with the size of bathroom you have and if there is enough light then maybe even go for darker tone....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago












Glartique