eguerin

Garden advice please

eguerin
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We have a very bland exterior aspect and have recently completed a lot of work inside the house including replacing all windows and doors so have a very limited budget to try and improve the curb appeal. We are planning on painting the house next year...not sure what colour yet but it will either be quiet dark or very neutral and light as windows are grey. I would welcome any advice on our garden patch! I thought this would be the cheapest way to add a bit of flair to the front! We have lovely fushia on the left side of car which my grandmother planted so that is staying and the trees on the right hand side of the garden are also lovely however I want to disguise/hide the ugly wall beneath them.. our window cills are ugly and a useless width- two narrow for any decent size flower box so if anyone has any alternative ideas that would be great! The garden is not south facing. We planted ornamental silver pear trees last year (near car) but I am going to move the two planted outside the front door as I think they will crowd that area. We don't have any view out that side of the house and I would prefer to look out at landscaping instead of our neighbours house! We live in Ireland so plenty rain here! Totally confused and unsure whether I should go with a cottage or modern/contemporary theme! Also on a separate note would a porch transform the front of the house and if so what style...not popular in Ireland and have not seen any I like! All advice welcome, thank you!

Comments (34)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.