Large awkward space in living room
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (16)
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Tiny awkward living room
Comments (21)Hi, this is almost exactly like my sitting room in my rented house. It hasn't turned out anything like I imagined it but I've managed to fit everything in (just.) I've got eight old apple crates under the stairs with the TV, books and a lamp, and the settee against the wall opposite. Above the settee is a long high shelf with trailing plants and pictures. My "office" and tiny extendable table are in the corner by the window. Oh I'll post a couple of pics!...See MoreAwkward Living Room
Comments (6)Hi Benjamin. I'd bring your formal sofas back in, I think they're each better suited to the rooms and purpose. the large sofa would go opposite the fire And agree with others to leave the walkway behind. However I'm not sure the other sofa will fit without overlapping... If it doesnt And it can be done in stages, I'd go for an upholstered footstool and either 1 or 2 chairs angled in front of the bookcase (love that idea!) facing the sofa. Agree with above, the rug will zone the area and you'll lose that corridor feeling. Once you've decided layout think about side tables to add lamps for a cosy feel. Art on that bare wall will also help. I love the inky blue, are the other walls F&B blackened? Just wondering if a warmer stone colour will cosy it up, perhaps F&B purbeck stone depending on which way the room faces?...See MoreHow would you furnish this awkward living room/dining room/kitchen
Comments (7)Hi. Personally I'd put a slatted room divider (just the unit width) at the end of the sink run to allow light and zone the kitchen area slightly. (I will try and find a picture showing the same in a similar kitchen). Assuming the fridge isn't staying, I'd just buy a white one so it blends in, maybe like a retro style one as they look a bit prettier. I'd also opt for a round table. You could paint the wall (and rad) behind the table a darker/warmer colour and add art. Hang the light low over the table to zone it and maybe have a mirror or mirror tiles on the left wall. You could also consider acrylic chairs as they don't visually fill the space. I'd go for a wider curtain pole to maximise light coming in. Sofa, choose something on legs with narrow arms, being able to see the floor will make the room bigger and maximise seating. I also wouldn't choose anything dark as it could take over the room, just use dark/warm colours for cushions and throw if wanted. There are plug in wall lights around which won't take up any floor space. I don't know if you need storage but you should be able to fit a sideboard between the dining and living area? Re shopping suggestions, you don't have any ideabooks set up so could you give people an idea of styles and colours you like?...See MoreAwkward living room layout ideas
Comments (7)Hi Simon, that is such a lovely room and I love the wall colour. Lovely and bright too. You say you’d love two sofas facing each other, but in reality it would make watching the tv almost impossible and there will be little space for access to each end of the room. If I did that in my living room, the tv would end up over my shoulder and the other sofa would block a door! I’m not sure how wide your bay window is with the high armchair, but I wonder if you could fit a small sofa there instead? I assume you haven’t already got a suitable sofa elsewhere. You could bring the leather chair at the other end of the room forward near to the sofa and place the tall armchair in its place? And of course the teepee must take pride of place 😊...See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago








User