tonielle74

Tiny awkward living room

tonielle74
8 years ago
I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to arrange my living room due to its shape. It's very small and rectangular, but I am trying to figure out how to put an adequate amount of seating (which is both social and comfortable to view the tv) in there as well as figuring out which way to arrange it. The issue I am having is that there is a doorway to the kitchen and the front door at either end, a radiator on one wall and a staircase on another. This basically means that every which way I put furniture, it will either disrupt the flow of the room upon entering, block the entrance to the kitchen, stick out from the staircase or be anti-social in its arrangement. Obviously I would like a sofa, but am not sure whether to put a snuggler/loveseat or multiple chairs with it and where. In the photo, the big black thing is a wrapped up sideboard which also has to go in the room somewhere. Please disregard all the other DIY stuff in there. Any ideas on layout for this difficult space?

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.