simon_lloyd

Awkward living room layout ideas

Simon Lloyd
3 years ago

Hi everyone,

We love our house and are renovating rooms one by one. We did the living room quickly when we first moved in, but now we're looking at updating it. The first stumbling block we hit is the layout...

It has two bay windows with radiators in and a large, central fireplace. I'm finding that this limits the layouts I can think of. For example, I love the "two sofas facing with a coffee table between" layouts that I see so much of on Houzz, but just don't think we can do it in our room.

At the moment, with lockdowns and covid, the room is a bit of everything, lounge, playroom and home office. These don't all need to be in the one room, as we currently have another all-purpose room acting as another playroom and another home office (on the dining table

I'm hoping some different viewpoints can help with new ideas?

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.