vicki_m_642

Help with layout for awkward living room

Vicki M
7 years ago

Help please! My living room is kinda awkward in that it is a throughway to the kitchen, with a bathroom door off it also, so these walkways need to stay fairly clear. The room is a reasonable size, but once you take into account the walkway from the hall to the kitchen it cuts off a lot of the space.

Removing the chimney breast feels like it'd help a lot, but it's a party wall and I don't think I'd be living here long enough to make the cost of removing it worth it. If it's staying I like the idea of having built in cupboards and shelves either side of it in the recesses. Had considered having a TV about the fireplace mantle but I think the sofas would be too close to view it at that angle.

Currently I have zero furniture so sofas etc. are all fair game! As well as sofas and a TV I'd like to be able to squeeze a table and some chairs in here too.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.