helsamer

Help pulling this kitchen together

MERRICK DESIGNS
8 years ago

Hi all.

I got great advice here before, and I am now looking for creative and quirky ideas for my kitchen. I have to add first off, that I don't have a huge budget and to make it even more tricky I need to keep the couch and table in current position (and keep both).

All the pieces are a bit disconnected - the table I had re-vamped with decoupage of really old newspapers that we had in the family and although I like it I don't think it really suits the room since I now have very mix of styles. But for now I need to keep.

Id love some ideas for what you think would make the biggest difference to bring the room to together and make it flow better and be more cohesive.

I have thought about:

1. Repainting the kitchen units and replacing worktop. Colour ideas?

2. Adding light pendants over the table. I love copper as I think it would look great with the blue but it adds another dimension!

3. Wall art, cushions, throws - to bring colour scheme together. Red, yellow, Blue?

4. Removing curtains and adding simple blinds.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, tips and suggestions. I love geometric prints, blues and copper. Let me know if you think i am going in wrong direction.

Helen

(Cant seem to load last photo of patio door and curtains, curtain is yellow (see right of photo2)

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.