gsk_69

Front door dilemma

G K
8 years ago
We recently had a new hand made front door and side frames in European oak. Decided to stain the exterior using Sikkens Ebony wood stain. On the inside we kept it natural ( clear lacquer ). Now we think we made a huge mistake with staining the exterior. Our bricks are a Landsdown multi gold. The thinking behind the ebony staining was to create a contrast with the brickwork. The staining is only about a month old. 5 coats in total!! My questions are can we, and should we, go back to natural wood on the exterior? It's a 1960 house recently fully refurbished. I've attached photos of door showing exterior and interior. My fear is trying to strip off the stain and ruining the look of the door all together.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.