alant1000

How important is a cooker extractor?

alant1000
8 years ago
Hi everyone I'm doing a kitchen renovation and am relocating a cooker from a tucked away location to a more central point on a L-shaped layout. The room was previously a kitchen and separate dining room knocked through.

As per the photo there is a structural beam running along the area the countertop and hob will be, and there isn't really room to move the counter either side. It will be tricky and costly to add one as I'll be limited to more expensive slimmer design options and it will be positioned quite low down if mounted under the beam.

Personally I'm not too fussed about extractors and never really used them in previous houses and never use mine in the current kitchen.

However - is having an extractor a must-have item that will put off future buyers if I don't have one? Not that I care about selling my house now, but am I missing an opportunity - or is it not that important?

A quick glance at the kitchen galleries and I am seeing plenty of kitchen islands with no extractor.

Comments (22)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.