Help with layout for extension please
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Help - Design, layout help on a new extension
Comments (21)I agree with Hugh re supervision plus by the time the extension is built your son will be nearing an age where he understands a little more. You may also want him in there to cook with you soon. I'm sure the kitchen can be designed from a safety aspect too if that's the only thing holding you back. I think the advantage of using OnePlan is that Karen can look at the whole house spatially etc and you're not tied to a particular kitchen company (I'm not on commission!). Click on her profile for reviews etc. I second Hugh's comments re karndean too! I like the heringbone parquet! If you did want to hire an interior designer (designers tend to be qualified in planning too I think as opposed to an interior decorator although many of those could be qualified by experience) then you could find you save as much as you spend. Some of them will offer you their trade discount which if doing the whole house could add up to an awful lot. They may also make you save from any mistakes and I've made a few of those! I'd go on houzz and search for pros and look at their reviews and previous work. I think you need to meet people yourself though as it's important to have a good working relationship and make sure they understand you...See MoreGround floor extension layout - Help please!
Comments (10)You need to put all the dimensions on for a real feel for the place. You would also need to instruct and architect and a structural engineer. A concept planner could really help to give you an idea of what's possible and open your eyes as to what changes could be made. I doubt you need to seat 22 on a daily basis, but you may be able to get two dining tables in on occasion. ( We keep another table and a set of chairs outside in a store room for such times ). We have one table that seats 8 all the time, then the other that we bring in which seats 6 more. It's a squeeze, but we manage. Thus I had a little shuffle about and came up with this as a 'concept idea'. Clearly specialists in their field will be able to help a lot more:-...See MoreBest layout for bedroom extension. Help please
Comments (6)It is cheaper to keep the shower room in the same place. But personally I would save money on vaulted ceilings and Velux windows as I think the right layout will give the biggest bang for your buck....See MoreHelp with layout please rear extension
Comments (20)Hi Achaean, we SEF a company called feel Warm (based in Stone in Shropshire) to install a Supa Lite system. The whole job cost £7K which included all the plastering inside, electrics - 4 LED spotlights (dimmable) and 4 external down lights; an excellent job and I can thoroughly recommend the system. Our conservatory is an ‘extension’ at the back of the house off our dining room. We had it done about 2 years ago and as I say we had exactly the same problems of too hot or too cold it this is now an extra room we can use all year round. If you look at the web site you will be amazed with the thermal efficiency achieved. Hope you manage to get something sorted out. Take care....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago


titiankim