Houzz Logo Print
follyfoot1

KITCHEN DILEMMA

10 years ago
Hi all I am planning a kitchen make over I have already had a beautiful corian top fitted to my solid oak doors that are 20yrs plus and getting a bit tired but still lovely quality doors. My dilemma had worktop fitted cost well over 2 thousands pounds but not giving me the wow I want :( priced up kitchen conservatory ext will cost about 17 thousand then need to rejig my kitchen lay more floor tile and rip up a landscaped patio which is very pretty in red blocks all this with ext I plan will be over 20 thousand not happy hubby. plan b. fit french doors to large window opening how would u then replan the kitchen on a tight budget? floor has a border which is central so no units on table wall otherwise will spoil effect. I still like the wall tiles dont know why but I do so keepers. plan C just redo the lower doors in a cream or sage colour door to make the corian pop more? top cupboards are keepers as have had little use and like the open shelves with glass as I cleaned it all last night and I could not do open shelves the dust would get me down. I have three dogs so my kitchen gets some hammer fear just painting them will look bad in short time as I have to clean them down so much after muddy gundogs. The solid wood has been fab not a mark on them after 20yrs. I want iight. storage and a good layout dont want to waste more good money and not be happy need to get this right this time. my need to cut and reuse the long length of new work top but then thinking one run kitchens very in would new doors only do the job.????? sorry for long description but this is my dilemma all help appreciated

Comments (15)