Curb appeal help please
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (40)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Need Help with improving kerb appeal!
Comments (66)Hi All, Here's an update. The hedges have settled in nicely over the last 4 years (has it really been that long already?!) They had a trim at the weekend, not the best time of year to cut Phontinia I know, but they had gotten a little out of control.. I intend to add a gate over the next few months and continue to plant the beds along the house. They currently have hydrangea and French lavender plants (oh and the odd azalea) in them but need more. Also going to plant a border of box around each of the beds the trees on the lawn are in - hence why these look a little scruffy at the mo.. I've considered growing something on the walls, but still not sure what or how. Each summer I add two hanging baskets either side of the front door - which help break it up a little. Still very much a work in progress (aren't they always ;-) ) but I like it. Thanks for all the comments, ideas and suggestions - much appreciated!...See MoreNeed help with kerb appeal of exterior
Comments (20)Hi missmjbs, I've added a couple of photos, I need a second coat (too windy today - I don't want grit and bugs stuck in my paint!) I'm still a little uncertain about the green and was wondering myself about a cream or a more grey green... however I think you'll agree it looks quite a lot different! I don't think my partner will allow painting of the garage doors - I'm still working on that......See MoreHelp, what colour front door for improved curb appeal ??
Comments (20)Thank you Celerygirl and everyone else. I think I have made my decision now for now. Black !!! I am going to have the door frames, sidelights and door in Black and centralised, the brick work extended at the top of the frame and a roof light installed in the roof. Its exactly what I didn't think I wanted but what sits right with me. Many thanks for all of your help I will update you all with the result in November when we are due to carry out the work....See MoreHelp giving the front of this house kerb appeal
Comments (11)Hello Sally, some good advice above and nice before and after pics from celerygirl. To give you an idea of what a part rendered, part timber clad 1970s house could look like, I've attached a before and after pic of a remodel we recently designed for a client (this was a 2-storey side extension, losing the garage and re-positioning the front entrance and internal layout). Decide upon whether you actually need a major change to your house, or just want something cosmetic to improve the way you feel about it. Re-positioning the front door, updating the windows/garage door and rendering/cladding might be enough? Whatever you decide to do, make it the right choice for your lifestyle needs and the best possible version you can afford. Good luck with whatever option you decide to take. Regards, Jo at Orange Key...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago















minnie101