marinagaye

Kitchen wall and worktop join advice needed please?

Marina
8 years ago

I´m replacing my worktops with a different colour Silestone and will also replace the wall tiles. I´ve had three quotes and the designers have all assumed that we will want a Silestone upstand around the join, the same as we have now. This is the traditional "go to" design in this part of Spain.

The one we have at the moment is 50mm and it is assumed will go for that height again. I suggested having one a little higher to fill the gap between the worktop and the window, but it has just occurred to me that it will stick out a couple of mm in depth

under the window frame and won´t look as neat as I had thought.

I would quite like to not have a Silestone upstand at all but I haven´t a clue what the options are for neatening the join. Can anyone make any suggestions please?

No idea why the photo has appeared in the middle of the text and please note that the grotty bits and pieces aren´t mine.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.