emmaoke

Kitchen flooring dilema

Cakelady
8 years ago
I'm having a new kitchen/dinner/family room built and can't decide on tiles or vinyl wood effect flooring. Originally I wanted wood effect vinyl flooring but the builder has said that tiles would be better as we're having underfloor heating. I've seen some lovely large mid grey polished tiles but wondered if it would be too much grey. I've also seen some nice wood effect vinyl. The kitchen units are light grey gloss with charcoal gloss island. Worktops are white platinum quartz. Walls will probably be white (not decided). I'm planning on having blue accessories to add colour ie. pendant lights, sofa cushion and bar stools. I really want the kitchen floor to flow nicely into the garden so if we go for vinyl wood effect we were thinking of having composite decking, however if we have a tiled floor we would go for a patio outside. The room is 8m x 4m widening to 5m where the kitchen units are (plans attached). We have 4m bifold doors one end, sun comes in through the front of the house. I want what will be easy to keep clean as I have 2 teenagers and a big dog. Feeling very indecisive and need your help please.

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.