0
Your shopping basket is empty.

New flawed flooring

amzii
14 April, 2016
We just covered this attic bedroom with pine floorboards and after filling gaps with a paste of sawdust and wood glue and sanding and staining the floor theres visible patches of darker wood glue thats so visible!

Anything we can do to save it?!

Thanks :)
  • Natalie Jolliffe
    Painting them is all I can think of, at least the gaps are filled.
  • Lauren

Ideally sanding back again would help. Alternatively find a dark woodstain that matches the fill to make the floorboards blend in.

OʼFlynns Flooring & Joinery

Hi

Unfortunately it appears you "skipped " a step in the sanding process, ie you should have sanded again [ 80 and 100 grit] after applying filler, then applied stain.

Staining wood, especially pine, needs to be done by by book. Only remedy is sand off, buff with 120/150 grit and re apply stain

• H H
    The excess wood glue needs to be sanded off so it only remains in the patched areas, then revarnish/oil/wax, whichever you used!

Could try just sanding the darker patches but might get a better result sanding it all again?

The floorboards are a really nice colour though, what did you use?