How many panels for my bifold doors
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (13)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Blinds or curtains at bi-fold doors?
Comments (4)We moved into a house with bifold doors and I didn't want to spend an absolute fortune on large bespoke curtains for them. So I found some beautiful ones on the high street that were the correct height, then bought two pairs. I found an extra long curtain rail online and whilst I was going to originally sew the pairs together to make two large curtains - one either side of the door, I actually left them separate. This way I can pull three of the four closed but leave one pulled back on the opening side door, making access easier. Hope that makes sense!...See MoreSlim framed French/bifold doors for 1.5 metre opening?
Comments (7)Hi:) You have some good options here, you could definitely have french doors, our most slim line systems we have to offer are AL-UK or Heritage 47 (my favorite), the only issue with a french door is when only using one door your opening is going to be 750mm wide, which you have already stated. As Natalie stated, another great option would be to have a door with side panel, we can make an aluminium door to be 1000mm wide so gaining some great space. Please feel free to get in contact with us if you would like anymore advice or even if you want to have some ideas on what products we do:) Antonino 01727 845600 https://hbdsystems.co.uk/...See MoreBifolds doors which ones
Comments (7)When it comes to bifold door systems, there are quite a few on offer out there. The main differences are the hardware quality, weather the tracking is in the top of the system or the bottom, and the different door options available. With a top hung system, all the mechanism is in the top track of the system and as such you would require a lintel to be able to carry the weight. With a bifold system, the doors usually when open, sit at an L shape against the frame. You can get some systems where the doors sit flat against the wall, but you would require a decent amount of wall space either side of your bifold which isn't usually the case. Also you need to look at what you want it for - do you want it to separate 2 spaces so that the 1 large room can be turned into 2 smaller rooms? Is the smaller room a bedroom that requires privacy? if so you need to look for a panelled system such as this - https://greentreedoors.co.uk/product/white-shaker-1-panel-bifold-system/ If the purpose is to separate a living and dining space, you have more options. if you want maximum light to shine through the spaces, a large clear glass door style would be most suitable - https://greentreedoors.co.uk/product/oak-shaker-1-light-clear-glass-bifold-system/ Hope this has helped with your decision making. I would highly recommend you have a read through our Bifold Q&A which should hopefully answer any questions you have - https://greentreedoors.co.uk/project/bifold-door-systems/ Many thanks Green Tree Doors - ask us anything!...See MoreBifold doors 3.6m opening - are 1.2m doors too heavy?
Comments (2)In a previous house we had 3x1m aluminium bi fold doors. All doors stacked outside to the right. I loved them but I think anything larger than 1m panels would have been too heavy and unwieldy. One of the panels was our back door and clipped onto the second door to secure it. But a glass panel of 1.2m is a big door to be opening on a windy day. I would go for the 4x 1m option. On a warm sunny day it will be lovely to have that large opening. Ours were SE facing and some days they would be open from 7 am to bedtime. We only had one issue with them. Sometimes in hot weather they would swell and be difficult to close until they cooled down. However I have never heard of this happening before....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago












xtine74