amiduncan73

Off centre fireplace and awkward entry door

amiduncan73
7 years ago
Apologies for the pictures not being ideal but we need help.

We recently moved into a beautiful old tenement with amazing high ceilings and an old fireplace.

However, the fireplace is off-centre, the door is at the back and side of the room and there is a long radiator on that wall. The previous owner had electronics fitted to mount the TV on the fireplace which perhaps limits the possibility of moving the sofa away from the wall.

We would be willing to replace one or both sofas we have as they have seen better days but have used them as a starter set until we could make informed choices. Advice on possible arrangements would be incredibly helpful.

I have always wanted a full wall of books so we have bookshelves to go on the wall behind the floral sofa though that could be changed if people have other ideas. Also we then probably wouldn't want a full sofa there so we could access those shelves?

The issue is balancing the room and keeping pathways clear while also being comfy.

Any and all advice appreciated. Again, the pictures may not give the best indication but hopefully someone has an idea out there. Thanks!

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.