Please help - awkward Hallway
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (13)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Help please with very awkward living room that's driving me crazy!
Comments (17)I moved the doorway to my bathroom and it was worth every penny if it means you can get a better arrangement, but exploring all the options first is best to avoid the hassle. Personally i would put the TV in the corner labelled 'wasted space', put the sofa where the bookcase is, put the armchairs in much the same place but perhaps more in a straight line with the fireplace and the coffee table in the middle. It looks like all your furniture hugs the walls, but it will make the room seem a lot less long and narrow if the flow was broken up a bit in the middle. Then I would move the book case over where the TV is, add a snuggler in the bay window and perhaps a sideboard (or guitars) to the right on the wall across from where the TV currently is. It would almost be like splitting the room in to two different spaces for two different purposes. The guitars and books near the window for light and relaxation and the furniture in a social setting without being center around the tv entirely but in a good view as well. My room is equally as awkward and I am still trying to figure it out so best of luck to you!...See MorePlease Help awkward bedroom!!
Comments (4)Hi. You could put wardrobes on the 18'3 wall and have the bed in front on a wall. Rather than go for a full height wall go for a dwarf one and have the wall just behind side tables and the bed (assuming you don't have wide side tables). Or do the same but the bed on the 12' wall. Alternatively have wardrobes on the bottom wall and build in a window seat with shelves above and have the bed in front of the bay window. I can't save any images though unfortunately...See MoreAwkward living space, help please!
Comments (19)Thanks all for your comments! Lots to look through and think about. We've just recently extended out the back and put a wall up between the kitchen diner and lounge as it used to be a large lounge diner. Because of my builder changing things at the last minute the living room is smaller than I imagined and the funny indented bit has really thrown me. I hadn't thought of putting bookcases or shelving all along that wall but it would be useful storage and display space and hide the kids toys as suggested. I'm googling ikea bookcase hacks as we speak ;) The only thing is, would a tv on that wall get too much glare from the window opposite? We do ultimately need a new radiator in here as its the only one apart from my sons bedroom that wasn't changed when we extended, so I could go for a tall one on that wall as you come in the porch door. Are they as powerful as standard radiators though? I worry most of the heat will come out at the top of the room instead? Papayalady i'd love to see your entire living room view?! for inspiration :)...See MoreDark awkward hallway design
Comments (9)Hi Sarah, firstly I love your hall and its great that you have enough room so you don' have to make it functional. The colour is also great and sets off anything you put on it. I agree the frame should be ether dark wood or an antique gold leaf. You definitely need a large rug like the one minnie101 has suggested, that picks out the colour of the wall but also has warm tones. You can find some really beautiful faux mantle pieces any size in any material which would give the alcove a lived in look once you've dressed it with photo frames, candle sticks etc. You might consider moving the dark wood side board to the bottom of the stairs with a table lamp on it. Lamp light is so welcoming! (I also like minnie101s idea of the bench). However you could replace the dark wood side board with a side table without Doors, or drawers so it can sit over the radiator flush to the wall and hang a large mirror above this. perhaps an antique hatstand and a large indoor plant ( Areka Palms are great indoors) on either side. I have to say though, I love a piano!!!...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago








A B