sarah_benkwitz

Dark awkward hallway design

Sarah Benkwitz
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

More photos below!

Can anyone help with adding interest to our entrance hall please? I’d like it to be a nice entrance to the house. It’s currently an awkward dark space with the front door, 3 rooms and stairway coming off it. I’m not sure it can have any real purpose because of the layout and we already have 2 living rooms so dont necessarily need to make it more functional, but it’s a big space and needs filling and softening so it feels like a lived-in room that’s nice to walk into/through. I’ve painted the inner section a grey-blue to embrace the darkness and think I should extend this back to the front door? My husband thinks the silver picture frame is good, I think it should be dark wood? The dark wooden sideboard will stay, and I’m thinking to add a piano in front of the stairs panelling. I think it needs a large rug and pictures above the sideboard, maybe a floor lamp or armchair. All thoughts to add interest would be very appreciated.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.