madhousemama

Where do I start???

Clair

After going through an architect to have a house extension designed, we ultimately decided (with the help of the estate agent) that actually refurbishing the existing space would be the best option.

We want to move some things around internally, completely take out a utility room that's in a silly place and relocate it and create a study nook. So it's not just a paint job. Also I want the new utility/study designed really well with well thought out detail to really make the most of the space and it's use.

But I'm stuck on who to get help from designing this new space.

It feels too small a job for an architect and I didn't have a great experience with the last one :( . Should I be approaching an interior designer or build and design company, or both. The interior designers all look way out of budget!

Any ideas???

TIA

Confused of Surrey.