madhousemama

Where do I start???

Clair S
7 years ago

After going through an architect to have a house extension designed, we ultimately decided (with the help of the estate agent) that actually refurbishing the existing space would be the best option.

We want to move some things around internally, completely take out a utility room that's in a silly place and relocate it and create a study nook. So it's not just a paint job. Also I want the new utility/study designed really well with well thought out detail to really make the most of the space and it's use.

But I'm stuck on who to get help from designing this new space.

It feels too small a job for an architect and I didn't have a great experience with the last one :( . Should I be approaching an interior designer or build and design company, or both. The interior designers all look way out of budget!

Any ideas???

TIA

Confused of Surrey.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.