If you could only save one item in your home, what would it be?
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (25)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
If you could change ONE thing in your garden, what would it be?
Comments (32)Hi paulineewilson, to add more interest, you could possible consider lifting a paving slab here and there that won't compromise the main areas you would walk on regularly. Where you've chosen to lift a slab, you could add some fragrant plants such as lavender or herbs that tolerate being trodden on occasionally. The spare slab you've lifted could then be placed further away from your house to create another planting square. into this you could plant one of those tall pencil-thin Italian evergreen trees. Your patio would gain more 3D interest if you used a few plants that are tall and narrow and evergreen. Tall evergreens provide shade in summer and winter interest. I would check with your garden centre the distance you should plant these Italian evergreens trees cannot damage buildings or drains with roots. I'd also perhaps consider making the table area of your patio a curved semi-circle shape rather than have 90 degree angles. I am sure you will enjoy tweaking your patio as the basic design is lovely!...See MoreWhat practical feature/item do you secretly crave for your house?
Comments (98)Lights which automatically turn on when I enter a room (especially in the kitchen and in the hallway from the bedroom to the bathroom) and lights inside my wardrobes (especially inside the one in the bedroom: I often get up earlier than my hubby, and it may be still dark outside, and I don't want to wake him up while I'm looking for my stockings)....See MorePOLL: Would you ever let your partner design your home?
Comments (39)My husband trusts me and prefers I make all those decisions. That said I always ask his opinion on large pieces. If I left it all to him he would lose interest before finishing! Design is so not his thing. But then I'm not interested in documentaries on outer space or Lego.... Best we stick to our own interests I think! ;)...See MoreWould you have a fireplace in your dream home?
Comments (21)I love open fires, fireplaces and stoves. I miss my old cottage that had the coal-fired range in the kitchen, open fire in the sitting room and the luxury of an open fire in the bedroom. Ok it had no central heating and the reality would see me living in the kitchen in the winter months and running upstairs with a shovel full of burning coals from the kitchen stove to start the fire in my bedroom before bedtime. The bio fires look quite tempting where it's more something to look at than a heat source. Watching flames is very theraputic, dream house would have fireplace/stove in living rooms, bedroom and bathroom....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago




Marie Hawthorn