sarah_chalker

Tile choice?

Sarah Chalker
7 years ago
Hi Houzz'ers.
Hoping you wonderful people can help me??
We've recently completed a major kitchen reno and now it's time to tile.
It's a large Victorian house with lots of original features so my plan was to try keep the traditional feel of the house but with a contemporary kitchen.
As you can see from the pics of the kitchen/diner (apologies about the mess in pics, I'm still putting stuff away)... we've got traditional herringbone patterned floors, original fire place and cornicing etc but a more contemporary Matt kitchen. I'd always thought of a white metro tile with white grouting as I think this will make it feel simple but my hubby is keen on white metro tile with dark grouting. I'm worried this may make it feel too industrial or retro (both looks I like but not what I want in this space).
I know I could go for a more jazzy tile cause it's all quite plain but I'd prefer to keep it more simple and instead add colours with accessories.
Thoughts on tile choice and grouting please?
Thanks in advance

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.