tdharvey86

Which Canopy Extractor for 110 Range Cooker?

Charlie Spaniel
7 years ago

Hi all.

We're going to install a wide 110cm range cooker in our kitchen with an overmantel built around it (in a similar style to the example photo below). In terms of extraction, I believe the type of hood we need to integrate into an overmantel is a 'canopy hood' (sorry, I'm just learning!)

Does anybody have any recommendations for any decent canopy hoods suitable for this? I'm not sure whether or not we need an extractor that is the full 110cm width (?) or whether going down to something closer to 70cm would provide acceptable suction? Reason being, there seems to be a far more limited choice of canopy extractors the larger you go and the prices really jump (we're talking £600+ which seems excessive to me!).

I also notice that there seems to be quite a wide range of noise levels available, as well as suction capability - reviews for some products seem to suggest they're barely capable of suction at all. So it's all a bit of a minefield.

Sorry for rambling. As usual, I'm guessing it's a case of you get what you pay for, but can anyone recommend any specific canopy hoods that: 1. Are suitable for a large range cooker, 2. Have sufficient suction power, 3. Aren't deafeningly loud, 4. Don't cost thousands (to buy or run), 5. Provide good lighting. Not much then!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.