Family room decoration
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Family Room refurbishment
Comments (1)The seating is a definite improvement!...See MoreDownstairs WC/utility room or "family room"?
Comments (12)I appreciate that it is difficult to know without seeing the layout of the house so here's a rough drawing to scale that I have done of the proposed new layout to help - light blue line = existing glass doors to kitchen, red line = proposed new glass doors to lounge, black lines = existing walls, dark blue lines = proposed new studwork walls and lighting layout (probably will use downlights for maximising the light and lamps in the reading room as well). Hope this gives more of a clear idea of what we are planning to do - I say "utility room" but actually our idea is to do something similar to what OnePlan suggested utilising the understairs cupboard off the WC as a utility cupboard with the washing machine/tumble drier in and then hang a drying rack from the ceiling. The cloakroom area would give us a valuable space for shoes and coats as currently you walk straight through into the main body of the house and mess gets everywhere (we have a small dog that gets very muddy)! The floor will be tiled the same as the hallway through the cloakroom and WC and wood flooring laid in the reading room with the fireplace. It's a very good idea to ask local estate agents Man About The House so thanks for that suggestion....See MoreNeed help decorating grey and green family room
Comments (3)Why not try a moveable bookcase on wheels in white, to help screen the Childrens play area? This can then, depending on their ages be decorated as a kind of separate area with colourful storage boxes, playmats etc in White / Green and another funky colour for fun. You could even put two back to back, one side kids, one side adults!...See Morefamily room needs decor... need some help.
Comments (10)It’s a lovely room but due to the number of doors it doesn’t feel quite like a room in its own right. I might consider painting the doors in the wall colour which will help enormously (you could also add curtains), As celery girl said I think a large rug where the front feet of the furniture sit on the rug will also have the same effect and also agree re the plant and art. I would add an accent colour and bring in both texture and pattern. I think the room would also benefit from a floor lamp and table lamp/s to cosy it up. It’s hard to make shopping suggestions as you’re not in the uk but perhaps post things you find for comment? I’d also move the water dispenser by the stairs...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago





Carolina