Window fitting error - Please help!
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (68)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Help please "bay window headache"
Comments (8)When I first saw your post I was using my phone; having now looked at your photo on my laptop I can see that my bay is a bit different to yours! The shutters were around £1200 (can't be more accurate as I was having some blinds from the supplier as well so did a bit of a deal). The order time was 12 weeks but they were actually fitted in 10. The room is east facing and I love the way the light comes through the shutters in the mornings....See MoreHelp solve our window issue please
Comments (14)Thanks for the above comments. It is basically a large picture window so a glazing bar or opening section would spoil the appearance. I don’t think a trickle vent would be sufficient. A tilt and turn would be ideal but it is such a large window that I understand it would be difficult to source and prohibitively expensive. If this is not an option for us then I wondered if there was any sort of manual or electric ventilator which could be inserted/incorporated into the window. We just want something that looks smart. The window and French doors are aluminium in anthracite. Hope that clarifies as is probably obvious I don’t understand the technicalities 🙄. Really appreciating all your responses though 😊...See MoreBedroom Dormer 'Doors' Window Dressing Help Please!
Comments (8)Hi, It is a tricky one :( Do you want curtains? If so, a small track rail (like what is there at the moment) it probably best as it is slim and allow curtains to be out of the way of the door hinges when open. Otherwise, for a more minimalist look, you could get « clip on » blinds. We have those on our French doors in our kitchen, it is almost invisible when open. https://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/door-blinds.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhs79BRD0ARIsAC6XpaWjTxzY6Frs4xeaahLdPDMVQJaGj9mF0zWzptqtoAKRrZEZvZS2DIoaAsJlEALw_wcB...See MoreHelp for bedroom window dressing please!!
Comments (29)I'll have to get on the band wagon and chip in on how amazing that view is, however completely get the need for some proper shut eye in the evening. I see this has been recommended a few times and I could agree that given the width of your window frame it would be possible to install a channel in which a block out roller blind can glide in and effectively stop any light bleed around the edges. Often these would have to be motorised as the chain isn't available due to the track, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago











Justin EamesOriginal Author