Wren v Howdens and wood v mdf
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (47)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
cleaning matt kitchen cupboards
Comments (150)No! Don’t use pink stuff paste or a magic eraser! Pink stuff spray is fine but not the paste. We have spare doors at work and have done tests on them. You should not use a product that is harsh such as paste because in time it will take the surface of the door off. If however your doors are so bad that they are ready for replacing you have nothing to loose. I’m now monitoring the removal of marks with baby wipes. For some strange reason they seem to shift a multitude of sins....See MoreReal wood v laminate worktop
Comments (4)There will be a difference in price between Quartz and laminate worktops so I guess it's down to budget. What I would say is don't buy your worktops from Howdens. They are cheap and don't have a balancer fitted underneath them causing them to possibly warp in time. Look at some of the better well known brands for laminate worktops such as Axiom, Prima, Egger (Bushboard and Formica products). If you look after them they'll look after you. They can last years....See MoreReal wood kitchens - advice needed
Comments (3)Although the quality of the door front does influence the price so do lots of other features and so you need to decide what is most important. If it were me I would firstly want lots of drawers rather than cupboards as this means better access to the contents. I would want the appliances to be good quality and integrated and I would want a quality work surface. These things all make more difference to the price than the quality of the door front. Then I would look at the house to consider if a traditional door or something handleless suits the architecture best. Assuming the choice is traditional a panel door or in frame or features such as beading or quirks and feature units or matching end panels (so the amount of construction involved in the face of the kitchen) all influence the price more than the door material. The choice of having a smooth painted finish versus a wood grain painted finish is a personal choice. I am torn between the idea that wood grain shows where you have spent your money versus a smooth painted finish that is probably a little more fashionable now and replacing the wood grain finish. I dispute that only real wood kitchens can be repainted to ring the changes as sanding paint work is not the only way of preparing a surface to paint it. I will conceed that you don’t have to get as good a paint finish on a wood fronted kitchen as an HDF door that has no graining to hide imperfections in paint which means the best finish requires spraying....See MoreKitchen plan and quote,by Wren
Comments (15)Hi Everyone, As a follow-up to the above post, I noticed that my current kitchen, at the flat which I'm living in, is in a pretty dire condition. It had an electric hob, the oven is separate and far away. Over the years I've noticed, that the wall adjacent to the hob has a thick layer of oil and it's paint has peeled off. Please see the pics enclosed within. Even the wooden floor close to this hob is black, compared to normal looking floor 2 meters away. There are cabinets just above this hob, whose bottoms are are coated in a thick layer of grease. Despite getting in professional cleaners and scrubbing this area, the grime and grease just returns after a few weeks! How can I possibly avoid this in the new kitchen? As a non-expert I thought of the following 1) Tiles across the wall that would house the hob/gas over 2) Wooden or tile flooring? which one would be better? 3) Avoid storage cabinets in the close vicinity of the hob? 4) Use a powerful extraction fan? Again I've noticed, that over time, most of such fans get coated in a layer of cooking oil and grease Could use the utility room, to make up for the loss in storage space Please do advise Kind Regards Mel Pic 1 & 4 - Dirty wall opposite kitchen hob Pic 2 -Dirty wooden floor, just adjacent to the hob Pic 3- Normal looking floor, 2 meters away...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 4 years ago













Marc Merton