Help!! curtain and blind colours
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Bifold doors - blinds?curtains?internal colour
Comments (1)Grey and white for the doors will look fine. Do you need blinds/curtains? Are you overlooked at all? I notice from your idea books that you like a streamlined modern look so I'd go for eyelet curtains in a plain fabric. If your walls are white, I'd look for a light grey curtain or if they're a taupe then look for a fabric that is the same colour or a shade or two darker. If you get anything too patterned the curtains will become too heavy, especially when pulled! Hope this helps......See MoreHelp with curtains/blinds for a difficult, dorma style bedroom window
Comments (2)Hi Lisa, I completely understand your dilemma, I'm moving house soon and have exactly the same type of window as you. My suggestion would be to have a Voile roller blind, as I know that you said you don't like Voile curtains. This would be a great way of keeping your privacy in the room, whilst still allowing plenty of light into your room. I'd then pair this with Dorma Window Curtain Poles (the would be to the side of the recess rather than within). I've attached images of both of my suggestions below. This may be one of the better options if you're looking at trying not to lose too much light from your room. I hope my suggestions help, let me know! Kerry Voile Blind Dorma Curtain rods...See MoreBifold doors curtain/blinds dilemma - please help!
Comments (20)As a professional in the industry and also have a 360cm bifold door at home i know the issue all too well. It all comes down to the budget you want to spend. I would have to recommend use a curtain track so you can get good support all the way across the track and know that it is sturdy to hold a heavyish pair of curtains. You will have to go with a metal curtain track of some description as the plastic ones are just not substantial enough and will not work as smoothly as the aluminium ones. You will certainly be able to have a single curtain pull to one side with a good quality track. Now the main element of this is the heading style for these curtains. The modern wave headings give you a beautiful pleat that will always look beautiful. Any of our metal tracks would be substantial enough and some of them can be upgraded to 60mm or 80mm wave heading. https://www.direct-fabrics.co.uk/curtain-tracks/metal Price for a 350cm would be around £40 upwards for medium domestic. going upto a heavy duty around £150 even more for silent gliss products. Fitting and installation with a qualified CSCS fitter would be around £120 maybe more depending on location. However to note you will have curtains right infront of a beautiful bifold door that will obstruct light coming in through the windows. I would suggest shaping the track outside the reveal but the book cases are in the way. Perfect Fit Blinds An alternative if you want the light to continue to come in is perfect fit blinds these work as frames that go out side the rubber seals of the window and allow a secondary frame to be mounted without any drilling into the window. This means you can fit them quickly and easily. A pleated blind would look incredible. A further option would be electric curtain tracks that fold to the left or right. These would be around £1000 Best option for cost Other options a light unlined hotel weight dimout pair of curtains these would be 95% blackout and you wouldnt see through them, with an eyelet heading top fixed inside the reveal with recess brackets. would work well. Really simple you would have 32 eyelets on a 4 width pair. not quite 100% fullness but would still look very clean. This would take up approx 16cm per side. But would be stacked back beautifully https://www.direct-fabrics.co.uk/recess-curtain-pole-kit.html Hope this gives you some ideas. If you would like some samples let the team know www.direct-fabrics.co.uk...See Moreblinds and curtains blinds and curtains
Comments (4)Hello. I'm not sure if I am in right place but I just didn't find a topic about DYI windows blinds so maybe it would be useful not only for me. I and my wife after a year finally finished our home rework. Of course, there still is a lot of work to do, but at least now we can live there :huray: . The first thing that annoys us a lot is disturbing morning sun. We can't get enough sleep, because of it. So we started looking for windows blinds. So far we decided that we want roller blinds. But after long research, we find out that there is an option to get customized blinds and even create our own. There is one of the links where you can do it: https://www.blindsonwindows.com/diy-roller-blinds. So now there is a question, is anyone has tried it, or something similar and maybe could share their thoughts about quality and is it even worth it?...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago














Daisy England