Fixed full height shower screen
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (13)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Shower screen dimensions
Comments (1)Simpsons is part of the Crosswater group and is a respected brand. 60mm does seem like a large variation. Generally there is a tolerance of maybe 20-30mm depending on how well the glass panel is fitted into the wall support. Presumably the full height vertical wall support has been used? I think Simpsons would certainly have a conversation with you, you will need the model number and the supplier detail for them to help....See Moreloft en suirte shower
Comments (4)Think the shortest is 1750 or 1800 https://www.coram.co.uk/product-category/shower-enclosures/gb/ BUT that’s usually with an 800 width standard. If you want 700 then you might have to get one made or look at a fixed panel with single opening door. There is a company who will make a door to order and are reasonable priced (I say reasonable but a few hundred vs maybe £100-150 online for standard small door!) I can dig out the name if you are interested...See MoreShower room tile ideas please.
Comments (11)I would (if the tile stripes line up) do the back wall that has the shower and the bath on it with the striped tiles, but put them in vertically. Since I'm not a huge fan of corner baths (they always look dated to me) and you have space for a free standing tub, I think, I'd go for something like this... But, if you go for the plan you have now, I still think that the back wall in the striped tiles will look modern and not overpowering if you keep the rest fairly plain....See MoreFull refurbishment advise please
Comments (10)Hi Jonathan, Thanks for all your advise, as usual , worth it's weight in gold I am usually at home only on the weekend and as my day job is rather hectic, combined with an L5 slipped disc, will restrict what I could do physically to help out. I would rather divide the refurbishment jobs into those which are like A) ‘destruction’ or just ripping things out. Versus those which need B) re-construction or as you mentioned, the finishes. I would also divide the available tradesmen into A) Those with no reviews, who can start work at a short notice and are cheaper and B) Those who are expensive, have a web presence/reviews and would take 1-2 months to start a job Using your timeline which you gave me in August, I would list the jobs in the following chronological order Jobs A) to be done by a builder who has no reviews and can be available at a short notice 1) Strip out the house. I would strip out carpets, skirting boards, wall cladding, partition by the stairs, kitchen, unwanted curtains, internal doors and architrave, the fire hearth, I will need a gas engineer too to disconnect the fire and hob. 2)-- Dispose of all the stuff, using 6/7 skips. 3)General builder to take down the wall between the dining room and kitchen. As it’s a non-weight wearing wall, I would persist with my cheaper builder A? 4) My dining room and kitchen ceilings will probably come down at this stage?? Again, persist with my cheaper builder A?. 5) heating engineer and electrician to start rewiring and central heating. —I have shortlisted a couple of electricians, who have excellent reviews and could start work in 2-4 weeks. 6)Consider TV/broadband/alarm at this time for a tidier result—Will have to contact Sky 7) replacement windows and internal doors, will give this to the established builder B- Hopefully by this time, it will be like 4 weeks down the line and he should be available to start work 8) external repairs such as roof tiles and gutters- Again builder B. 9)/ additional insulation to the loft- Builder B 10/ plaster boarding where necessary, coving, plastering. - ** Here I have a query, do I give this job to the good builder? Or try and outsource it to another plasterer? Is plastering more difficult or important than painting? 12/electrician - ceiling lights, second fix sockets. 13/ joiner- new doors, architrave, bannisters, skirtings. If wood floor skirting to be fitted after. 14/ decorator - emulsion ceilings and walls, woodwork primed and finished with eggshell, external decorating as necessary. My tradesmen would do this 15/ floors fitted, radiators hung 16/ kitchen installation Plan to get the raw materials/ design from Wren and then get an independent kitchen fitter to fit it. Unless the independent kitchen comes up with a better alternative. Have emailed a couple Builder B, or the established one, to do all the works as mentioned in the survey, plus the RSJ on the padstone and the conservatory, along with a new roof. I probably leave the plastering to him, including the doors, carpets and new floors Does this sound like a plan? to recap It would leave at least 20-30K worth of jobs to be done by the main builder B I could get some no- interest loan from Wren for their kitchen Use the builder A for stripping and ripping things out, Tradesmen such as electrician and heating to do individual jobs Any advise would be much appreciated Regards Mel ps regarding the conservatory roof, switching over from a glass to an all year round. Do I have to get building reg permission prior to starting work? How long does it usually take? Also, if the original roof is removed, would it not leave the building exposed to rain etc, until the new roof is installed?...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago



Rodney C